Last updated: 4/11/18
Gina Fiandaca, Commissioner
This Capital Plan invests deeply in the core goals of Go Boston 2030: streets that are safer for all users of our roads and sidewalks, particularly pedestrians and cyclists; travel that is more reliable and predictable, and quality transportation choices that improve access to interconnect Boston neighborhoods for all modes of travel.
FY19 Major Initiatives
- Vision Zero will continue to deliver targeted safety improvements in both our residential neighborhoods and along some of our most challenging corridors.
- A citywide, multi-year campaign to bring all painted crosswalks, lane markings, and bike lanes into a state of good repair continues this year.
- Implement Neighborhood Slow Streets projects in Chinatown, Grove Hall/Quincy Corridor (Dorchester and Roxbury), Highland Park (Roxbury), Mount Hope/Canterbury Street (Roslindale), and West of Washington Coalition (Dorchester).
- Design of the reconstruction of Melnea Cass Boulevard will continue.
- The addition of protected bicycle lanes on “Great Streets” projects by continuing and increasing the annual investment in the Strategic Bicycle Network
- New traffic safety improvements are scheduled at Father Hart Bridge and Wolcott Square in Hyde Park.
- A multi-year effort begins that will renew all painted crosswalks, lane markings, and bike lanes.
Transportation Department - Active Projects
|Economy||Dudley Street||Roxbury||In Design||1,600,000||9,000,000|
|Open Space||Green Links||Various Neighborhoods||New Project||100,000||400,000|
|Technology||Father Hart Bridge Traffic Improvements||Hyde Park||In Design||200,000||1,375,000|
|Technology||Traffic Signal Construction at 4 Intersections||Various neighborhoods||In Construction||2,888||485,000|
|Technology||Traffic Signal Construction at 4 Locations||Various neighborhoods||In Design||1,000,000||1,350,000|
|Technology||Traffic Signals||Citywide||Annual Program||2,500,000||12,500,000|
|Technology||Traffic Signals at 9 Locations||Various neighborhoods||In Design||11,416||3,487,107|
|Transportation||300 Frontage Road Improvements||South Boston||In Design||400,000||463,807|
|Transportation||Accessible Pedestrian Signals||Citywide||Annual Program||250,000||1,831,088|
|Transportation||Bowdoin Street/Geneva Avenue Study||Dorchester||To Be Scheduled||50,000||100,000|
|Transportation||BTD Tow Lot Facility||South Boston||In Construction||0||3,800,000|
|Transportation||Centre Street / South Street||Jamaica Plain||In Design||0||400,000|
|Transportation||Crosswalk and Lane Marking Revitalization||Citywide||In Construction||2,640,000||4,650,000|
|Transportation||Fenway Longwood Kenmore Improvements||Fenway/Kenmore||In Construction||475,074||7,987,722|
|Transportation||Melnea Cass Boulevard||Roxbury||In Design||350,000||27,640,000|
|Transportation||Municipal Parking Lots||Citywide||Annual Program||300,000||2,856,226|
|Transportation||Operations Center at 12 Channel Street||South Boston||New Project||175,000||2,500,000|
|Transportation||South Bay Harbor Trail||South End||In Design||96,505||4,233,000|
|Transportation||Strategic Bicycle Network Project||Citywide||Annual Program||1,250,000||4,850,000|
|Transportation||Transportation Planning||Citywide||Annual Program||300,000||2,898,849|
|Transportation||Vision Zero||Various neighborhoods||Annual Program||3,900,000||18,922,192|
|Transportation||Warren Street and Blue Hill Avenue||Roxbury||In Design||572,165||3,343,974|