Last updated: 4/11/18
Department of Innovation and Technology
Patricia Boyle-McKenna, Interim Chief Information Officer
Capital investment in technology enables the City to work more efficiently at a lower cost; to be more responsive to citizens; and to provide convenience for Boston’s residents, businesses and visitors. Ongoing and new initiatives will build upon this progress, ensuring the City remains competitive and coordinated in computer information and communication technology.
FY19 Major Initiatives
- Expansion of the City’s fiber optic network (BoNet) will continue in FY19. The fiber network will connect additional Boston Public School buildings.
- DoIT will continue a feasibility study to determine a cost effective and efficient way to expand and sustain the infrastructure that supports multiple City radio systems.
- In Enterprise Applications, DoIT will continue developing Constituent Relations Management tools such as 311 and expand to more departments.
- In Digital Service Delivery and Engagement, DoIT will continue modernization of multiple digital tools and public applications to improve user experience engaging with the city online.
- Begin procurement of IT solutions identified in an innovative proposal and evaluation process that will support various City departments, including Boston Centers for Youth and Families, Boston Fire Department, Neighborhood Development, and Public Works.
Department of Innovation and Technology - Active Projects
|Technology||City-wide Radio System Study||Citywide||To Be Scheduled||300,000||425,000|
|Technology||Computer Aided Dispatch||Citywide||Implementation Underway||0||16,282,834|
|Technology||Core Technology Infrastructure||Citywide||Annual Program||1,135,000||8,669,773|
|Technology||Cyber Security and Resiliency||Various neighborhoods||Annual Program||700,000||6,658,049|
|Technology||Data Analytics||N/A||Annual Program||1,200,000||6,631,165|
|Technology||Digital Service Delivery and Engagement||Various neighborhoods||Annual Program||1,100,000||9,411,905|
|Technology||Enterprise Applications||N/A||Annual Program||5,788,000||32,372,542|
|Technology||Fiber Network Expansion||Various neighborhoods||Implementation Underway||6,200,000||13,020,523|
|Technology||IT Investment Proposals||N/A||New Project||3,664,741||3,664,741|
|Technology||Reserve for Future DoIT Projects||N/A||New Project||0||9,676,390|
|Technology||Tax Billing and Collecting System||N/A||Implementation Underway||0||2,901,165|