Last updated: 4/11/18
Boston Centers for Youth and Families
William Morales, Director
The City’s Capital Plan for BCYF targets an increase to programming capacity at the City’s community centers and supports high-quality facilities. Community centers provide families, children and teens with enriching programs such as after school care, athletics, job and computer training.
FY19 Major Initiatives
- Renovations will be completed at the BCYF Gallivan Community Center introduce air conditioning to the gymnasium, replace the roof and gym floor, and upgrade the fire alarm and emergency lighting systems.
- Construction will begin at BCYF Paris Street Pool to enhance interior conditions and accessibility, and transform the facility’s connection with nearby outdoor spaces.
- Renovations will continue at the BCYF Vine Street Community Center, including athletic facility improvements and upgrades to interior systems.
- Design will continue for a major renovation project at BCYF Curley Community Center.
- Construction will begin for an interior renovation BCYF Mattahunt Community Center.
- Youth budgeting will continue for the sixth year, with young people across the City deciding how to spend $1 million in FY19 capital funds. Prior year projects include installing water bottle stations in parks, playground renovations at Franklin Park, high school gym renovations, and more trash cans and recycling bins in neighborhoods.
- Youth budgeting will continue for the fifth year, with young people across the City deciding how to spend $1 million in FY18 capital funds.
Boston Centers for Youth and Families - Active Projects
|Government Effectiveness||Youth Budget Round 1||Citywide||Implementation Underway||0||1,000,000|
|Government Effectiveness||Youth Budget Round 2||Citywide||Implementation Underway||0||1,000,000|
|Government Effectiveness||Youth Budget Round 3||Citywide||Implementation Underway||400,000||1,000,000|
|Government Effectiveness||Youth Budget Round 4||Citywide||Implementation Underway||200,000||1,000,000|
|Government Effectiveness||Youth Budget Round 5||Citywide||To Be Scheduled||0||1,000,000|
|Government Effectiveness||Youth Budget Round 6||Citywide||New Project||0||1,000,000|
|Health||BCYF Clougherty Pool||Charlestown||To Be Scheduled||0||2,700,000|
|Health||BCYF Community Center Program Studies||Various neighborhoods||New Project||100,000||200,000|
|Health||BCYF Curley Community Center||South Boston||To Be Scheduled||850,000||15,000,000|
|Health||BCYF Gallivan Community Center||Mattapan||In Construction||252,278||2,960,000|
|Health||BCYF Mattahunt Community Center||Mattapan||To Be Scheduled||150,000||1,900,000|
|Health||BCYF Paris Street Pool||East Boston||In Design||800,000||8,900,000|
|Health||BCYF Vine Street Community Center||Roxbury||In Construction||2,300,000||5,340,000|
|Health||North End Community Center||North End||Study Underway||0||100,000|
|Health||North End Community Center Design||North End||New Project||500,000||3,000,000|
|Health||Pool Repairs||Citywide||Annual Program||200,000||4,030,000|